Kellogg Application - Description of Duties

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I have a pretty simple question here regarding the work experience section of Kellogg's application. There is a "Description of Duties" section that has no word or character limit. I am wondering if this space should be filled with a paragraph-type discussion of my duties, or if it should include only brief sentences, such as the same types of things that are provided on my resume. It seems redundant to just copy and paste what is on my resume, but, at the same time, I see merit in keeping the description of duties short and sweet, as the person who is reading it will likely appreciate conciseness. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Vendetta » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:54 am
Hi there,

For Kellogg essays and analysis you may visit https://bit.ly/tfJElu. Here you can get the idea about the Kellogg essays that how it should be drafted and what should be covered in the essays.

Feel free to write if you have further queries.

Cheers!
Vendetta

GMAT/MBA Expert

Legendary Member
Followed by:52 members

by CriticalSquareMBA » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:52 pm
Hi there,

You're right to not want to write the same things that can be found on your resume but you're also right to want to keep it concise. The goal is to be both impactful and easy to digest for the person reading it. Paragraphs can be cumbersome and they already have your essays, right? So try to keep it different from your resume wherever possible - highlight different aspects or touch upon different themes.

Bhavik
Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Facebook | Twitter

We love helping! Was this post helpful to you? Thank us and let me know!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by bermanal9 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:08 pm
The Description of Duties for Kellog can easily be redundant with respect to your resume so I would try to think of ways in which your job description impacts on others you are working with and the goals of your office or operation in general. In other words, you can expand a little from your resume on the implications of your job to the larger operation or target, if possible. For instance, keeping track of incoming funds can also involve making sure the funds are appropriate and viable (I'm thinking non-profits). There are 'secondary' duties that require your expertise and intuitiveness and this would be the place to state them. But this is not an essay. Sentence form is good but keep it short.