International graduate job prospects in US post graduation

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hello!

I believe this is possible because all schools post that they have 30% plus international students and upon graduation it seems like 95% have a job in the US - but I just want to feel a little more comfortable. As an international prospect wanting to get a job in the US upon graduation, is this a guaranteed thing? Am I at any disadvantage compared to people born in the US? I know with acceptance into an MBA, I get that Visa for up to 12 months but what happens after that?

Followed by:1 members

by DvdBonan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:23 pm
Any help on this topic?

Followed by:2 members

by sagar@jk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:01 am
A claim made by a university with the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) accreditation is trustworthy. This is because, once the university is accredited, the U.S. DOE is responsible to ensure the authenticity of the claims made by the university. Therefore, if you are looking for a university in the US, make sure it's an accredited one.

As far as job security is concerned, the US unemployment rates are over perilous levels, hovering at around 9-10% mark. Of late, the Obama government is making it difficult for the foreign students to work in the US. Therefore, job prospects may not be as attractive as the pre-recession period. In effect, although a great job may not be guaranteed, but good performers do sustain and excel anyway.

Post your graduation program, you get an extension of visas, provided you get a job. If you fail to secure a job within the stipulated time, then you will have to leave the country.
Sagar
JK Masters & Career
MBA Admission Consulting for International Applicants