Initial profile evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Initial profile evaluation

by nakul.maheshwari » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:18 pm
Hello,
Before I decide to sign up for MBA consultancy, could you please do a quick evaluation on my goals based on my profile below:
Aim -
Apply to the full time MBA program at IMD, HKUST, Ross, Mcdonough, AGSM and CEIBS. (IMD being the top choice).

GMAT
Total score: 660 (Q49, V33) - one attempt (I don't think the number of attempts matter, do they?)

Nationality
Indian with a residence history in Jordan, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Spain and United States.

Undergraduate profile
BSc Mechanical Engineering class of 2008, GPA 3.1 @ Virginia Tech
Study Abroad program at St. Louis University, Madrid campus, Spain (one semester)
President of Student Engineers abroad council (promote study abroad programs)
Summer programs at American College of Dubai, U.A.E

Work Experience
It will be 5 years of full time work experience at Bechtel Corporation in the field of Project Controls when I begin the MBA program (if admitted obviously) in Fall 2013.
Consistent progress at work with few on the spot awards and an yearly performance award.
Currently in a lead position of Cost Engineering.
(Personally, I feel I have an edge over the competition due to a different work profile. I work in the field of project management and cost analysis compared to majority of the Indians in IT. I might be over thinking here at the same time.)
Selected for a few workshops amongst more than 2000 people in the Project Controls department worldwide.
Treasurer of Bechtel NAYGN (North American Young Generation in Nuclear). NAYGN is a NPO which is run by the youth of the construction industry providing support for the restart of the nuclear industry in the United States.

Extra Curricular
Raised money for a few charities but not too strong of a profile here.
Member of Toastmasters organization.
Member of Studentmentor. org (I wish I had taken advantage of various options available in college. Now, I intend to help college students who are confused and a little lost in their path.)
Member of livemocha.com - Platform to learn and teach languages. Currently have few teaching points.
Member of coursera.org - Taking a 6 week online course on Introduction to Operations Management and scheduled to take course on Creativity in Nov 2012.

Lingustic Skills
Fluent in English and Hindi. Currently self learning Spanish and Mandarin.

Closing Statement - I would like to attach my resume but through a confidential email. Please be very straight forward in your opinion if I stand a chance for acceptance at IMD or the other few.
Thanks,
Nakul Maheshwari