Hult International Business School - Need Opinion

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:710
Hi All,

I'd like to know how good is Hult Business School (especially Boston Campus). I've seen the school progressing well through the ranking charts since 2009, when couple of my colleagues with GMAT scores in range of ~640-670 and 3 years work exp got admission into fall 2010 MBA batch at Boston, and now they are well placed in managerial roles in U.S.

My brief profile - I have a GMAT of 710, with 4.5 years of quality work experience. Other attributes are also up to the mark (Extra Curricular, LORs etc).

I need a feedback as in if Hult is a good enough school for me? I haven't started the actual research on the MBA programs where I might as well like to go, but I do generally get lots of communication from Hult persuading me to start with its application.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:18 members

by FutureWorks » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:33 am
Hi Rahul,

It's your decision on which schools fit your parameters better. We can help you with what these parameters should be
The best way to choose a B school is based on career goals. You need to see if the schools will help you realizing those goals. Apart from that factors like what the school specializes in, geography location including urban/rural factor, size of classes in school (big class or small class), alumni success rate. Also you need to keep in consideration what recruiters tend to come on campus. You can talk to alumni's and career center wings to know further the opportunities the school provides you.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by wingsoffire » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:44 pm
Hi Guys & Gals.

I am applying to HULT Dubai + Shanghai ,
5 years of Media Sales Work Ex
GMAT - in WIP
Plus Point - Profile Diverse from the standpoint that its non IT & I am come from a sector that is growing with each passing day.
MBA Endgame - work in APAC Region -China or S'pore enabling a shift out of India.

Is HULT Dubai + Shanghai my go to place. Is it worth the money & what are other options i should look at. Please help me .

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by wingsoffire » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:03 am
I need Help on taking a decision wrt HULT , should I go with the Tried & Tested Boston or Should I choose some other campus. Please let me know at the earliest . Any Help will be really appreciated .
Is US still a good option for Non Tech & Non Finance Guys Like me or Should I experiment with a Shanghai.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mali » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 am
Hi

For those of who have above 700 GMAT and want to go into Financial Sector or Consulting your best bet will be Top 10 Schools.

For those who want career growth, return on investment and international exposure Hult is 1st in FT and very well placed in The economist.

If you are from Indian Sub-continent and looking to work in USA/UK/Europe you must have a relevant visa whether you go to Hult, Stanford or Harvard.

Top Schools will make it easier for you to have an interview and possibly find you location back in your home country but highly unlikely they will offer you a VISA or Long Stay Work Permit. ( You have to be exceptional).

I have friends who have gone to Said, Stanford & Wharton, unable to find jobs in UK/USA Europe, Whereas I have numerous friends who have walked into high paying jobs even after doing Open University Distance learning MBA ( Which btw is excellent). It all depends on your capabilities and positioning.

So once again it all depends where you want to work and what you expect form your MBA.

Questions you need to ask are

1. Do you have the educational background to go to TOP 25?
2. Do you have the Gmat score to go to a Top25?
3. Do you have the corporate experience to go to top25?
4. Do you have the money to spend in a 2 year MBA ?
5. Do you have the time to spend in 2 year MBA, Costs Associated?
6. Do you have the work permits to work in the countries you desire?
7. Does the school have the teaching faculty?

Etc

These question should help you narrow down your Business School Choice.

Hope this helps

by Mary1996 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:00 pm
Hey,
I really need help!! I am in a huge indecision between Royal holloway and Hult international business school both for unagraduate international business course. Can someone please tell me which one is the best one?

Thank you very much

by melinadabaco » Mon May 12, 2014 10:06 pm
Hi

Being an alumni and according to my experiences I strongly recommend every one to join Hult, their enthusiastic environment and culture makes Hult a world class Business education school.

Regards
Melina Dabaco