How to bump 20-50 points in last 3-4 wks?

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

How to bump 20-50 points in last 3-4 wks?

by JDesai01 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:29 pm
After about 3 weeks of study, I have scored the following:

Kaplan online CAT: 640
Kaplan CD CAT 1: 550
Kaplan CD CAT 2: 530 (I have an excuse, but will spare you)
PowerPrep 1: 700
Kaplan CD CAT 3: 550

Kaplan kills me.. but I appreciate it for what it is. Based on these tests, I'm estimating that my score would likely be high 600's if I were to take it today. Like most, I'm trying to hit the magical 700 and wanted to know your thoughts on the best approach to confidently push my score up 20-50 points.

I found Kaplan 800 very helpful on math, so I am going to use this week to go through the verbal section of Kaplan 800. Have been saving the GMATPrep tests, so will do those as well. Besides that, what suggestions do folks have on the best approach during the home stretch?

My scores are fairly consistent across categories (except data sufficiency which I know I just need to practice more).

Thanks!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:56 pm
Check out the GMAT Resource Directory. There are some resources there to help you figure out your final few weeks strategy.

Good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by JDesai01 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:26 am
Eric- Thanks for your response and thanks for putting up such a helpful site.

What do you (and other people) think of the Kaplan 800 Verbal?

I went through Critical Reasoning and haven't found it very helpful. I felt it overcategorized the various questions and introduces unnecessary concepts to think about that simply make the questions more confusing than they need to be. Also, I thought the example questions they offered were much more ambiguous than I've found the OG or practice exams questions to be.

Would love to hear your thoughts on whether or not you think I should keep plugging through the rest of the Kaplan 800 verbal book as opposed to just doing more OG questions.

Thanks