How to balance Quant & Verbal sections during Prepartion

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi All,

I have been studying quant for sometime (Almost reviewed all the topics). My approach so far:

Quant Section:

1. Review one quant topic each day.
- practice ~10 problems.

- This exercise took a lot of time. <Yet to start with actual OG -12 questions>.

2. Verbal - Not yet started

I am currently working full time & the preparation has been quite inconsistent. I am planning to write my GMAT in the 3rd week of April, not to mention I still have to start my verbal preparation. Being a non native English speaker... its will be an uphill task. Can anyone guide me on how should I balance Verbal & Quant prep. moving forward.

Thanks,
Gary

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:52 members
GMAT Score:760

by rishi raj » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:34 am
If you're planning to take the GMAT in the third week of April, I think it is high time that you start with your Verbal preparation. You have not given the details of how much far you are into your Quant preparation ,so it will be a little difficult to suggest the ideal approach,however, a good strategy to balance between Quant and Verbal will be to divide a week equally between Verbal and Quant . You may wanna give 3 days to Verbal and next three days to Quant and one day off from studies. Did you take any Diagnostic test till now to assess where you stand ?