How to avoid Pre-exam jitters?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

How to avoid Pre-exam jitters?

by kanha81 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:41 am
Hey Guys,

I am preparing for GMAT exam and would like to know your perspective as what you do to calm yourselves before the exam. I am having pre-exam jitters. Forget the REAL GMAT, I am talking about the regular PRACTICE tests.

Best regards,
Kanha
Want to Beat GMAT.
Always do what you're afraid to do. Whoooop GMAT

GMAT Score:790

by Toph@GMAT_REBOOT » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:53 am
Honestly, I was probably more nervous taking the GMAT Prep exams than I was taking taking the real exam... because the GMAT Prep exams represented a limited resource. :-D And by the time that the real exam rolled around, I felt pretty confident.

Honestly, the reason you shouldn't be stressed... is that you can always take the exam again. This isn't the LSATs, where it seems multiple attempts are frowned upon. Luckily things went well for me, and I only took the exam once... but knowing that I could have taken it again if things went awry took away a lot of the pressure. Get your confidence up, and realize that the worst case scenario is having to take the exam again. Best case scenario is an 800 on your first try. :D

Best of luck!

GMAT Score:750

by LSB » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:27 pm
routine helped me. Take the prep tests at the time of day that you plan to take the real test (include essays in your prep). Build a routine for the few hours preceding each prep test (presumably the same routine you will follow on test day), be it working out, early morning walk to Starbucks, listening to music etc.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by siownschu » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:25 am
i too have pre-exam jitters.. and it really just comes down to your confidence.

be confident, go in the exam and just do the best you can.. thats all that anyone can ask of you. everyone faces anxiety differently and don't study the day before... i find going to the gym and work out your stress on the treadmill is very rewarding and helps you to sleep better too!

kick butt!