How many years of formal education ?

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How many years of formal education ?

by Ekansb » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:49 am
Hello.. I am in my 1st year of graduation. I have opted for B.B.A which is a 3 year course. I have heard recently that 16 years of formal education is required by many b-schools in U.S. so i wanted to know is it really necessary for me to fill up this one year with any diploma or something. If yes, then are there any conditions for the same. Orr i can do it in any of the fields. And also I will take g.m.a.t after i complete my graduation . So i would not be having any work experience. Does that lowers the chances for me to getting excepted in any of the good b-schools ?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:14 pm
Hi there,

The MBA programs are looking for a 4-year degree OR EQUIVALENT bachelors degrees; they do realize that in some countries it only takes 3 years... it depends a bit on the university etc; you can contact the admissions office at schools you'd be interested in to ask them but in most cases it is fine if equivalent.

Most MBA applicants DO have 4-6 years of full-time post-undergrad work experience though, so I would encourage you to consider working a couple of years first! That will provide you with more perspective and experience to contribute to the class, and also more time to identify your post-MBA goals.

Good luck!
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders