Help plz....

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

Help plz....

by rangerguy2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 pm
hey guys... i work f/t, leave house @ 8 and come back around 6pm. i feel so exhausted when i come back home. i feel lke half asleep all the time with no energy to study. would u sugest taking any vitamins or minerals to get in line ...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by LSB » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm
I tried studying after work for a few months. The best I could pull off was 2 hours / day for 2 week periods and then I gave up for 1-2 months and started up again. After a while I realized that it's not going anywhere. Now I have taken 3 weeks of vacation and will write on the last day. 6-10 hours of studying / day. Good progress so far .. another 12 days to go.

I would highly that you take time off work (if possible - in my case my project manager was very accommodating)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:710!

Re: Help plz....

by phumbert » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:51 pm
rangerguy2000 wrote:hey guys... i work f/t, leave house @ 8 and come back around 6pm. i feel so exhausted when i come back home. i feel lke half asleep all the time with no energy to study. would u sugest taking any vitamins or minerals to get in line ...
I would typically leave the house around 7am, and return around 6:30, so I completely understand. A few suggestions that I found helpful:

1) Begin by limiting your work days. Our "official" working hours were 8:30-5:30, but I normally arrived at 7:20 and worked through lunch, then left shortly after 6:00. While you are studying, you have to prioritize. This was tough for me, but (with the help of my wife) I soon learned to "just say no" to the extra hours. That's tough for us type A's.

2) Initiate your studying somewhere besides your house. I had to go to the local library or even Barnes N Noble. When you are at your home, its often too easy to get distracted (example: me typing on this forum instead of studying right now!). I have a wife at home, who was extremely supportive, putting up with seeing me only about 1.5 hrs a day. A few months of that helped me to build the discipline that was needed to take it home and maintain concentration. It will also help keep you awake.

3) Adderall. Joking, of course...but it sure does help me!

Hope some of that helps! Many of us on here know just what youre going through...so good luck!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:620

thanx evry1

by rangerguy2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:15 pm
tnakx evry1 for the suggestions