Help me to evaluate my opportunities

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Help me to evaluate my opportunities

by ahm » Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:06 pm
Hi,
Thanks for your efforts and I really need your advice.
My name is Ahmed. I am Egyptian and I live and work in Egypt. I am currently working as an accounting manager at one of the branches of one of telecommunication companies here in Egypt.
I have 6 years of work experience 18 months of them in my current position.
I want to start MBA soon. I need it because I feel that there is more I need to learn. I am not just seeking for certificate but seeking for proficiency. I live in a small town, I do not have enough resources here to increase my opportunities. Education was so great in university --I am graduated from business admin. at one of local universities--- all my professors got there degrees from USA and UK. Some of them pioneers in there fields and have good reputation in the world.
I am studying for GMAT now, my GPA is: 2.91/4 or Grade: Good (B++) as it is evaluated here.
I Achieved the 5th rank on my department at college, and completed the preparatory level for MSc. degree in Business Administration.
Holding Java 2 platform Programmer Certification, Oracle SQL

I want to apply at London Business school, INSEAD, Haas, or Chicago.
I now that competition in USA business schools are so high but I do my best. I know that I am not like others but that all what I can reach and I am striving to do it. I am so interested in entrepreneurship because I want to make my own business one day.

Please tell me if I have chance to get in one of those schools. What should I do to increase my chances.
your opinion means so much for me.
Thanks
Sincerely,
AHM

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:38 pm
Dear AHM,

Without knowing your GMAT score, it is hard to say whether or not you will be competitive at your target schools. In addition to having a high GMAT (>700), your application must provide a compelling case for admission and convey a solid rationale for going to business school in relation to your past experience and future career goals. I do think you need to clarify if you are eligible for the MBA programs at these schools with your current master's degree in business administration--better to find out before you spend time on your applications.

Best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Thanks Lisa

by ahm » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 pm
Hi Lisa,

Thank you for your advice, but I want to inform you that I did not get MSc degree, I just passed the preparatory level, or as you say preparation year.

As I understand from your reply that I need high GMAT score (>700) to improve my chances.

I hope that I can contact you again after my GMAT.
Thanks
AHM