HELP!! How do I get from a 610 to 700 in 1 month???

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Hey everyone!!

I was just wondering how to improve my overall score. Right now I am at a Q37, V37 which is in the 610-620 range. I have a month off of work so i can spend as many hours a day to study so time is not an issue. Im mainly concerned with the quant portion and have invested in the Manhattan set of 8 guides + OG 12th ed, verbal + math. .Do u think these are enough to improve to a 700+ score?? With verbal it seems easier to track my mistakes by jotting down a couple notes here and there but with the quant i feel overwhelmed :/ any advice would help!! thanks in advance!!

by bmorgan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:31 pm
Yes, you can get a 100 point boost in one month, but you need to be prepared to really study. If I were you, I would work through the MGMAT guides to develop advanced strategies for each section and the common problems you will face. Once you feel like you are around the 700 range or have exhausted the MGMAT books, then use the OG to reinforce the strategies. If you aren't making progress on practice tests in two weeks then you might want to sign up for a free trial at gmatfix.com or pay the $99 for the Q & A's from this site
I do not have superior intelligence or faultless looks. I do not captivate a room or run a mile under six minutes. I only succeeded because I was still working long after everyone else went to sleep.

-Greg Evans

Veritas CAT: 680
GMATPrep CAT: 680

by mustbeatgmat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:02 pm
ok great thank u!