HBS 2+2 profile evaluation

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

HBS 2+2 profile evaluation

by gogmat22 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:01 pm
Hello Stacy...i would be obliged if you could help with my profile evaluation.

I wanted some advice on my profile and my chances to these big b schools as I plan to apply to HBS 2+2, IESE-YTP and maybe Stanford GBS with a 2 year deferral option....I recently applied to ISB-YLP program and have been shortlisted for stage 2...my GMAT is due for august.

I am a 21 year old female B.Tech student (EC branch) currently in 3rd year from a regional private engineering college in India.

Academics--

1. 10th-92%
2. 12th-88%
3. b.tech-69% (till 5th sem)
4. B.A in Eco.h-thru open school (distance learning)

Internships--

1. interned at one of the best b schools of India (IIM B-Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore) under a professor (marketing)
2. interned at an MNC in digital watch manufacturing.
3. interned at an MNC and worked on the project Electro Static devices.

Extracurricular--

1. Trained classical dancer and graduate in it...have performed at various stage shows and now work as a dance instructor at one of the dance studios (founded by me and a friend)
2. HEAD for planning and management at JGW'12 a national social service awareness campaign.
3. Placement Volunteer/ Anchor at a Deaf Society-i work for the successful employment training and interviews with the company HR.
4. Technical College Club-Head for Student Affairs -have conducted many robotics workshop at college level.
5. ROTARY CLUB-Head Co-coordinator for event planning and execution-have conducted campaigns and drives like blood donation,clothes donation,saving girl child...etc
6. Volunteer at many events like F1 grand prix and pollution rallies
7. Anchor at college fest and conducted the departmental farewell '11 and '12
8. Aloha mental Arithmetic (Completed till level 3)-won national award merit certificate when I was at school and used to write regularly for the school magazine(articles,notes,stories..etc)
9. Selected by Ericsson for their empower program...which will lead to an on campus placement later on.
10. Recently started working with an NGO as a teacher to primary kids (I spend 2 hrs every weekend to teach them basic English and Maths)

I am hopeful that my final year project (topic:Solar Cell-increasing productivity) will get published in one of the national journals... or most probably IEEE.

Do I stand a chance among the other applicants who have a stellar profile and excellent graduation GPA!!

Thanks for your valuable time addressing my query..!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Fri May 25, 2012 3:29 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your post. You have a great profile with diverse experiences both academically, socially and professionally. Your GMAT score will be key for you given your GPA. At this point I think it's fair to say that you are indeed competitive for 2+2, but your GMAT score does need to be top notch in order to round out your academic profile. Best of luck as you prepare for the exam!

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by gogmat22 » Sat May 26, 2012 3:03 am
Thanks stacy...those words have acted as a fuel in gearing up my motivation...!!
hope i can score a good at gmat...Moreover hbs wants leadership skills in the applicant...how can i show that given my above qualifications..?
I wanted to ask u one more thing...how can i convert this grad % into gpa...i dnt have a clue..!!
thanks a lot.