GWU or Fordham?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GWU or Fordham?

by rasha4 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:24 am
I am an international female student, I intend to work outside of the US once I am done with my MBA
I am leaning towards Fordham coz of the location and the possibility of a job opportunity in NYC while studying, however, GWU is better ranked, what is your advice? how big is the gap between Fordham and GWU? how good is fordham's reputation?
Appreciate your help!
Thank you

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by amittilak » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:25 am
I think it's really difficult to say. Everything depends on what you are looking to do post-mba. Fordham ranks behind Columbia and NYU in the NYC area. I am interested in the Global MBA from Fordham. However, I am also applying to NYU, Pace, Smith & GWU for p/t mba.
If you are planning to work outside USA after your MBA, both the programs are similar in their reputation. Ofcourse, that's just my opinion. Having said that, I would go with GWU if given a choice.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:42 members
GMAT Score:740

by Jessica@VeritasPrep » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:14 am
I am confused about the "job opportunity" that you refer to. Do you plan on working while getting your MBA full-time? This is highly unusual and will be very difficult to do (and probably more complicated by your visa status). I would not base my decision on this criteria. However, if you are interested in working in NYC for a year or two after school, then I think Fordham and GWU will be equal (Fordham has a strong NYC network but GW is a slightly better school).

I would attend whichever program you prefer. Living in NYC is fantastic (whether you work there or not). This might be reason enough to attend a lower ranked program!

Hope this helps.
Jessica
MBA Admissions Consultant
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options