Guidance for selecting the Business Schools

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:620
I have completed my under graduation in the major of Computer Science and Software Engineering from SRM University, Chennai(India).

Total GPA :- 7.791 on a scale of 10

Startup Experience :- Looking at the education market in India I saw that there is a lack of quality education and still the college curriculum includes outdated technologies. Looking at this opportunity I started a company named Vilikh Technologies Pvt Ltd in 2nd year of my under graduation, with two partners. The vision was to be a product company in the field of Robotics/Electronics. Initially we started with 25k seed capital and started conducting robotic trainings around latest technologies in colleges. we established tie ups with three international companies Sparkfun Electronics, Ximatek Inc and Arduino Board official Manufacturer in Italy. I was one of the directors and looked after the Sales, Marketing and Corporate Affairs of the company. I shard the vision of Vilikh for 2 years and took the company from a mere 25k initial seed funding till a turnover 1.5 million in the financial year 2010-2011. The company was also awarded one of the top 30 student startup in India by National Entrepreneurship Network. This is a bit about my startup experience.

I have also been very active in organizing college fest and events.
I completed my graduation on may 2012. I have also completed a full-time 3 months internship in Payoda Technologies, a startup in the field of Software Development and currently I am working as a Junior Software Architect in the same company. I will be with this company for one year and then I am planning to go for my MBA and then pursue my entrepreneurial dreams.

Gmat score - 620 (planning to give it again with a target score of 700)

Please can anyone suggest that what all colleges should I target as per my profile.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:32 am
The big thing here is your GMAT score. Hold off on school selection until you know this is where you want it to be.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:620

by nitin9003 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:01 am
Thanks Jim.
I just wanted to know that with 2 years of work ex and the start-up experience what all colleges will I be eligible to apply in.