Good GPA, Not-Good Gmat...Thoughts

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Good GPA, Not-Good Gmat...Thoughts

by Hayek33 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:01 am
Edit
Last edited by Hayek33 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

by inittowinit » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:19 am
I feel your pain - except with me, its the other way around. Low GPA/High GMAT. You have a great GPA and a good major, you did not mention anything regarding your work experience or XC but I'll assume everything else is in line. Your GMAT score is one aspect of your application, although it is important. If your 580-590 falls in line with the 80 percentile score of the schools you are looking at, then you are probably competitive and should apply. If you are looking to apply into top tier programs, then I would recommend you bunker in and study your butt off and retake when your confident and practice scores are in the 670-720 range. Round 2 deadlines are looming and it may be tight to study for a retake and still have time to apply, and round 3 admissions are rough. I suggest you take a break for a little while then begin studying around January, and plan on taking the exam by May. You'll have the summer to work on your applications and you'll be ready to go by round 1. Cheers buddy! Goodluck!

by arunima88 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:52 pm
I was the topper in my graduate college. But my score is in terms of percentage and my college evaluates the GPA in terms of

(Marks obtained by the student) x (Grading Point ex. 10, 5 or 4 point scale)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Highest marks obtained by the topper)

Does this mean that I have a GPA score of 4.0. Do i need to mention these in my transcripts that i stood first in my college.