GMAT Test Preparation for a month

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT Test Preparation for a month

by LiquidFireAK » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:25 pm
I've been studying GMAT for about 8 months already and took MGMAT live course. Everything went well and i'm now down to 1 month before my exam. My question is whats the best strategy for the 1 month? Should I do the following strategy below:

-Write practice CAT every Saturday
-After the practice CAT, I review all incorrect answers on Sunday and the following weekdays. I have a full time job, so I would have to review after work.

I continued to do this until my exam date.

Let me know if this is the best approach, or is there something else that I should be doing?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:54 pm
Hi LiquidFireAK,

Your last month should INCLUDE the ideas you've listed, but they shouldn't stop there.

First, your practice CATs should mimic your Official Test Date in every detail that you can control, including (but not limited to) time of day, entire exam, external location, 8-minute breaks, pad & marker (if possible), etc.

Your review should include more than just the questions that you got wrong. You also want to review the questions that you answered correctly, so that you can confirm/affirm your tactics and review questions that you might have "guessed lucky on." In the interim, you should continue to nitpick your work and either practice the "big point" categories or get some extra reps in on your "weak" areas.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]