GMAT Study Plan

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

85 day Study Plan

by mehrshad » Tue May 12, 2009 2:54 pm
Heeey eric,
I really wanna appreciate your posting details of your study plan , and to say that how much im happy to see such great guys like you on this forum sharing their take on GMAT . :D .
i ‘ve recently received all 3 books of OG and I’ll order SC MANHATTAN to get it later.as I’ve reviewed almost all of ur notes about Study plan ,especially part : “My Review of the Materials I Used”,I reached to a conclusion that follows : Princeton seems to explain all the concepts in very simple language + data sufficiency which is beautifully explained.but as I read in ur post, I found you emphasizing on OG especially for it’s Quantitive and CR part.So,comparing OG and PR in Quantitive part,OG weighs more,right? How RC strategies work,seems variable from one person to one other ; so no specific book is recommended. I also noticed that during the time you were studying for GMAT,some materials were not either availabe or published.If you were taking the GMAT once again,what sort of materials would you omit or replace in your Study Plan? For example don’t you think that Manhattan Math would be a good replace for KAPLAN or PR? And my last question: should I start with OG Review or put it off and start with sth else ? Please note that I ‘m planning to get above 700 on GMAT,cos I guess it best waives my really low GPA(14). :(
I’m sorry to post such a long msg but I kindly wanted to ask you to give me back your feedback on comments above. I really thank u your giving response beforehand.
:)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Wed May 13, 2009 2:36 pm
You are definitely correct that the best prep resource on the market today is Official Guide. No other prep company can showcase actual but retired GMAT questions, so definitely emphasize OG as the centerpiece resource for your prep. The answer to most of your questions is OG beats any other book on the market.

With regard to other materials, particularly verbal, take a look at Manhattan GMAT and the PowerScore books. Both have really established themselves as top prep materials over the last few years.

Finally, when you're starting your prep, I would first begin with a general overview book to feel comfortable with the exam. I personally liked Princeton Review's Cracking the GMAT, or maybe a Kaplan Premier GMAT book. After going through one of those books, then start to build in practice from OG.

Good luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Study Plan

by mehrshad » Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 am
Thanks eric to make an entry on my comment.I just didn’t want to add up more post to the piled up entries in the Strategy part which most of them has no more than 1 response! To better sharing ideas and to avoide scattered comments,I’d like to ask you to guide other guys commenting on your BlogSpot,to post their ideas here or on your “I just Beat….” In order to reach to a more integrated topic.cos I see scattered comments posted on your different Days’s StudyPlan which seem not be in the public eye of the forum.donno whether my suggestion seems well or not ! :wink:
anyway,now that im sure of my materials,I’ll go over your study plan to start. I’ve decided to devote a 6 months study to gain 700+,so u’ll see more of me asking for improvements in the future :).I realy appreciate your voluntary feeling of responsibility towards the mass of questions! thanks a lot :)