GMAT Study Guide for Re-takers

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

GMAT Study Guide for Re-takers

by gmatiyer » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:02 am
Hello,
I received the mails for Day 1 and Day 2. I am re-taking the GMAT after scoring a low 500 on my first attempt. I have all the Manhattan GMAT strategy guides and OGs (12th/Q/V). How much is the 60-day study guide tailored for those repeating the exam? How much of the plan can be adapted by those not using the Kaplan Premier guide?
If I may ask, how is the 60-day plan structured. I am scheduled to take the exam again in Oct and I would like to maximize my score (aiming for 730+). I like the structured plan but would like to know if and how it can be made flexible.
Any suggestions/comments will be appreciated.
gmatiyer

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:52 am
Hi gmatiyer,

I think the study guide is more geared toward people who have not yet written the test.
If you have already prepared for and written the test, you should already know your weaknesses and now is the time to work on those weaknesses.

You can find the format of the Study Guide at: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide

And an overview of all 60 days can be found at: https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/gmat-guide-outline

I hope that helps.

Brent

gmatiyer wrote:Hello,
I received the mails for Day 1 and Day 2. I am re-taking the GMAT after scoring a low 500 on my first attempt. I have all the Manhattan GMAT strategy guides and OGs (12th/Q/V). How much is the 60-day study guide tailored for those repeating the exam? How much of the plan can be adapted by those not using the Kaplan Premier guide?
If I may ask, how is the 60-day plan structured. I am scheduled to take the exam again in Oct and I would like to maximize my score (aiming for 730+). I like the structured plan but would like to know if and how it can be made flexible.
gmatiyer
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by lmc718 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:00 pm
gmatiyer wrote:Hello,
gmatiyer

we have exactly the same situation~ good luck to you..
my first attempt was 500 scores too. and i am planning retake it.. how is ur study going on ?~
we are in the same boat. hope we can encourage each other~

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by kissthegmat » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:23 pm
Count me also in. I also scored poorly on 1st GMAT 540 (Q48, V17! AWA 5)

Brent please help me to improve my verbal score.

Thank you.

GMAT Score:710

by Ruch12345 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:54 am
Hi

I took the GMAT in Oct 2010 and scored 590 (Q49,V23,AWA 4).
I am weak in Verbal and some topics in Quant such as Probability, Geometry and sometimes in Number Properties question.
I have subscribed to 60 day schedule.
My question is if I follow the 60 day schedule,I will be able to have a consistent, disciplined study plan and I would revise all the topics which are used in GMAT.
However, the initial days are focused more on Quant than verbal.Is continuing with this guide, correct strategy for me?If not, please advise the same.
Also,there is one excel progress chart, does this focus on the complete tests only or some other information.
I also took GMAT prep and scored a 720 in it (q49 and verbal 38).
I am planning to take exam on 17 july, 2011.