GMAT retake?? Suggestions required.

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:660

GMAT retake?? Suggestions required.

by crazy4gmat » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:50 am
I have taken the GMAT 3 times with a maximum of 660(Q48,V34). I am planning to apply in some top 30-50 US B-schools where i should be around 700 range inorder to stand a pretty good chance as i am an Indian IT Male.So should i retake a 4th time? Or should i proceed with my current score? I feel i have it in me to score a 700.Please let me know your thoughts

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:05 pm
Don't buy into the prevailing attitude that you must have a 7-handle to stand out. Even if you got a 700+ GMAT, there are still many in your "category" with whom you will compete. The key is standing out. With your GMAT score, you have proven that you are smart and can handle the rigor of a top 50 MBA program. Now you must turn your focus to the application where you will need to distinguish yourself in other ways. Well written essays and a clearly articulated and sensible vision for your future can help win over an admissions committee. Demonstrate your worthiness with persuasive writing and you will get in. Good luck. Oh, and have at least two others look over your essays, preferrably someone with b-school experience.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:05 pm
Don't buy into the prevailing attitude that you must have a 7-handle to stand out. Even if you got a 700+ GMAT, there are still many in your "category" with whom you will compete. The key is standing out. With your GMAT score, you have proven that you are smart and can handle the rigor of a top 50 MBA program. Now you must turn your focus to the application where you will need to distinguish yourself in other ways. Well written essays and a clearly articulated and sensible vision for your future can help win over an admissions committee. Demonstrate your worthiness with persuasive writing and you will get in. Good luck. Oh, and have at least two others look over your essays, preferrably someone with b-school experience.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options