Gmat Prep.... Bold Statement

by btgyes » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:13 pm
Attachments
14.JPG

Legendary Member
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:720

by maihuna » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:58 am
This question requires what the underlying portion is doing, and then choose an option that does the same. On re-read the bold argument is providing a reason suggesting why more oxygen is of no help. The same is convyed in C, the credited response, where it says that only way to absorb oxygen is through LUNGS, and are allowedto use this outside knowledge that drinking and LUNG are two different thing, if oxygen is only absorbed through LUNGS drinking will not help

WHy D is not a correct option, because, it only says there can be other ways to improve performance, since the argument is about oxygen, it doesn't help negate that oxyrich is of no help.
Charged up again to beat the beast :)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by btgyes » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:20 am
maihuna wrote:This question requires what the underlying portion is doing, and then choose an option that does the same. On re-read the bold argument is providing a reason suggesting why more oxygen is of no help. The same is convyed in C, the credited response, where it says that only way to absorb oxygen is through LUNGS, and are allowedto use this outside knowledge that drinking and LUNG are two different thing, if oxygen is only absorbed through LUNGS drinking will not help

WHy D is not a correct option, because, it only says there can be other ways to improve performance, since the argument is about oxygen, it doesn't help negate that oxyrich is of no help.
Yes.. Exactly...!

but this is why am convinced that C doesn't provide any evidence that OXYGEN IS OF NO HELP...as two (Oxygen and Lungs) are different things..!

Bold statement provide that evidence but C doesn't. This is why i am not convinced about C.

(i didn't find even D convincing but had to make guess during test)

ta...

Legendary Member

by maihuna » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:24 am
Ohh it negates because, as per this argument, oxygen that can help build muscles can only be absorbed through lungs, while the water brand being advertised is for drinking, since argument says *only lungs* can help build muscles, drinking water will not help, and so it weaken the argument that OXYRiCH is of any help.
btgyes wrote:
maihuna wrote:This question requires what the underlying portion is doing, and then choose an option that does the same. On re-read the bold argument is providing a reason suggesting why more oxygen is of no help. The same is convyed in C, the credited response, where it says that only way to absorb oxygen is through LUNGS, and are allowedto use this outside knowledge that drinking and LUNG are two different thing, if oxygen is only absorbed through LUNGS drinking will not help

Yes.. Exactly...!

but this is why am convinced that C doesn't provide any evidence that OXYGEN IS OF NO HELP...as two (Oxygen and Lungs) are different things..!

Bold statement provide that evidence but C doesn't. This is why i am not convinced about C.

ta...

by btgyes » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 am
maihuna wrote:Ohh it negates because, as per this argument, oxygen that can help build muscles can only be absorbed through lungs, while the water brand being advertised is for drinking, since argument says *only lungs* can help build muscles, drinking water will not help, and so it weaken the argument that OXYRiCH is of any help.
btgyes wrote:

Yes.. Exactly...!

ta...
Oxygen is absorbed by LUNGS or by any other parts of body , it is useful as per argument.

whereas BOLD statement gives evidence that there is no use of oxygen at all.

C statement gives idea that somehow oxygen is USEFUL for body.

that's why C is not good.

i do not know what am missing in that.

ta

Legendary Member

by maihuna » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:10 am
Oxygen absorbed by body is a different fact than oxygen absorbed by body through the help of OXYRICH mineral water. Have you got this fact right? If not repeat this sentence 10 times. Then read further.

Since the option C says *only* note *only* way oxygen can help build muscle is through LUNGS. and LUNGS doesn't absorb water, in fact when LUNGS absorb water it is some sort of medical ailment. This weaken the advertizer that OXYRICH water can help build muscle, the argument is about weakening OXYRICH advertizements and not OXYGEN.
btgyes wrote:
maihuna wrote:Ohh it negates because, as per this argument, oxygen that can help build muscles can only be absorbed through lungs, while the water brand being advertised is for drinking, since argument says *only lungs* can help build muscles, drinking water will not help, and so it weaken the argument that OXYRiCH is of any help.
btgyes wrote:

Yes.. Exactly...!

ta...
Oxygen is absorbed by LUNGS or by any other parts of body , it is useful as per argument.

ta

by btgyes » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 pm
maihuna wrote:Oxygen absorbed by body is a different fact than oxygen absorbed by body through the help of OXYRICH mineral water. Have you got this fact right? If not repeat this sentence 10 times. Then read further.

Since the option C says *only* note *only* way oxygen can help build muscle is through LUNGS. and LUNGS doesn't absorb water, in fact when LUNGS absorb water it is some sort of medical ailment. This weaken the advertizer that OXYRICH water can help build muscle, the argument is about weakening OXYRICH advertizements and not OXYGEN.
btgyes wrote:
btgyes wrote:

Yes.. Exactly...!

ta...

ta
Mate,

I think i got yr point...
but one ques...

it is yr EXTERNAL KNOWLEDGE that lungs are not supposed to absorb water, it they do that means there is some malfunctioning.

Acc to you, does GMAC expect us to know medical things...

at least in my case, i don't have a bit of idea what LUNGS, LIVER or PANCREAS are supposed to do...

a person who don't know this external knowledge will find that somehow C statement is helpful in making muscle.....

But anyway, Thanks.... i got yr idea.. and of course C is Right...!

Legendary Member

by maihuna » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 am
common mate even a few year old know LUNGS help breathing and not drinking water, how come you can not have this knowledge.
btgyes wrote:
maihuna wrote:Oxygen absorbed by body is a different fact than oxygen absorbed by body through the help of OXYRICH mineral water. Have you got this fact right? If not repeat this sentence 10 times. Then read further.

btgyes wrote:
btgyes wrote:

Yes.. Exactly...!

ta...

ta
Mate,

I think i got yr point...
but one ques...

it is yr EXTERNAL KNOWLEDGE that lungs are not supposed to absorb water, it they do that means there is some malfunctioning.

Acc to you, does GMAC expect us to know medical things...

at least in my case, i don't have a bit of idea what LUNGS, LIVER or PANCREAS are supposed to do...

a person who don't know this external knowledge will find that somehow C statement is helpful in making muscle.....

But anyway, Thanks.... i got yr idea.. and of course C is Right...!