Gmat marking

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Gmat marking

by shiromani » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 am
hi i am new to this community and preparing for GMAT since 2 months back.

I have a question regarding the GMAT marking.

My question is "if one has attempted starting 30 to 35 question in the verbal section, around 30-32 questions confidently, making a blind guess for rest of the 6 questions, then what will be the best and worst possible score?"

i am asking this question because i am having a problem with pacing while attempting the verbal section. if i pace i lose accuracy to a very high extent. To avoid that i have been using this strategy but not sure about the adverse effects.

kindly guide.

Thanks

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 am
Not sure exactly. Everything I have read has basically just said to just make sure you finish each section even if you do so by guessing.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shiromani » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:14 pm
Thank you.

What you said is absolutely correct but i still need to know about the final score to decide on whether to lose accuracy and pay attention to every question till the end or to do 35 questions confidently and make a guess on the remaining questions.

still waitin!!!!!!!!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:760

by Osirus@VeritasPrep » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 pm
shiromani wrote:Thank you.

What you said is absolutely correct but i still need to know about the final score to decide on whether to lose accuracy and pay attention to every question till the end or to do 35 questions confidently and make a guess on the remaining questions.

still waitin!!!!!!!!
How much accuracy are you losing? If you can answer 35 questions right and get all 35 right, then no matter what that is a better strategy than to rush and get less wrong.