GMAT limit

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT limit

by IamApplying » Sun May 31, 2009 8:02 pm
VP,

I'm new to the forum.... but I was curious to know if you feel that that everyone has a "limit" towards how much studying they can do for the GMAT. Do you feel that the GMAT is true test of natural intellect, or do you feel as though it is merely a test of how well you know what is on the test.

What kind of realistic score improvement do you think people should aim for from their initial score? What is the average score improvement you have seen after taking some sort of respectable prep program like VP.

Finally, I was looking at one website...and I came across these statistics on reading comprehension, I can't recall exactly, but one of them was like
...if the passage is related towards science then 70% of the time the answer has a positive connotation. another tactic stated that answers regarding certain type of passage rarely had a correct answer that put the author in a bad light.
Essentially they say to use these stats when you are forced to guess or are stuck between two choices. Are these legitimate test taking strategies that prep companies teach, if so where is a resource where I can read them?

thanks.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:40 am
Like other standardized tests, there is a certain amount of technique involved in achieving your best score on the GMAT. However, each person will have a limit to their score based upon past academic experience and knowledge. The amount a person's score will increase is based upon several factors depending how well they tend to take tests and the amount of preparation they had before taking their initial test.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options