GMAT in 2 days - lost steam due to work

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

GMAT in 2 days - lost steam due to work

by uhsa » Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am
So I know one can hardly help me in the conventional sense - I have my exam on May 24th, and I was going great till the last 10 days. My new work project came up, and I ended up working like 14 hours a day. My ultimate goal is to cross 700 but let's be honest, that's not going to happen - this time around.

No excuses here - just a matter of fact statement. So as it stands, I have 2 days, and Verbal as well as Geometry is a bit raw. I read and re-read the Essay help given by myohmy

I know it's a bit late in the game, but does anyone have a magic wand, an extreme crash path in a way to somehow get the best out of what I have been offered? I am pretty much of the mind that I will have to give my 2nd exam - which I really didn't want to, THANK YOU IR! :)

If not, I guess I will just have to show up and take this as an "experience" of sorts.

Thank you all for being such a wonderful selfless community.

uhsa

[/url]

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by dra9006 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:31 am
i was very much in the same situation as you last week. i'm a doctor, and i ended up having to take overnight call twice last week, and was really too tired to study some days. on the days where i had energy, i did 200+ OG questions. if i didnt feel quite up to it, i at least made sure i went to sleep early if i didnt study that much. if i were you, i'd let my body dictate what i did. if youre wiped after work, come home and sleep as much as you can, and maybe you'll find you have a lot more energy the next day. also, keep eating and drinking. the last thing you want to do is go into a marathon test without volume. time some questions, at least 75mins worth, and let your body decide what you do after that. only concentrate on whats weak for you; your strong points will still be strong in 2 days. good luck!

drew

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Way2UK » Tue May 22, 2012 11:19 am
Hi Guys,

The same over here. i had to take GMAT tomorrow (23-May-12) and was really under so much of work pressure that it ate away so much of quality time from my prep. The work has been like these for the last few months and just couldnt get out. I had taken GMAT twice before with a pathetic verbal score rather than maths. So this time i had concentrated to get my verbal and started getting good scores in my practice sessions. In the last 1 week i brushed up my quant as much as possible only to realize yesterday that i had submitted my passport to the Embassy for a business visa for a travel to be made this weekend. I didnt realize for a minute that there could be a delay in fetching my passport and wooosh there goes my gmat date. Had to schedule a fresh date.