garnet and renco - verbal set3

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:700

garnet and renco - verbal set3

by samarpan_bschool » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:55 pm
Which of the following most logically completes the passage?

Garnet and RenCo each provide health care for their employees. Garnet pays for both testing of its employees' cholesterol levels and treatment of high cholesterol. This policy saves Garnet money, since high cholesterol left untreated for many years leads to conditions that require very expensive treatment. However, RenCo dose not have the same financial incentive to adopt such a policy, because ______.

A. early treatment of high cholesterol dose not entirely eliminate the possibility of a stroke later in life
B. the mass media regularly feature stories encouraging people to maintain diets that are low in cholesterol
C. RenCo has significantly more employees than Garnet has
D. RenCo's employees are unlikely to have higher cholesterol levels than Garnet's employees
E. the average length of time an employee stays with RenCo is less than it is with Garnet

[spoiler]Answer is E: My question is what if the average length of time for Garnet is 50 years and Renco is 48 years. It is still 'less than' Garnet. In this case, cholesterol will be left untreated for several years for Renco employees. [/spoiler]

I have posted the answer and my query as a spoiler. Please help!!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by analyst218 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:14 pm
samarpan_bschool wrote:Which of the following most logically completes the passage?

Garnet and RenCo each provide health care for their employees. Garnet pays for both testing of its employees' cholesterol levels and treatment of high cholesterol. This policy saves Garnet money, since high cholesterol left untreated for many years leads to conditions that require very expensive treatment. However, RenCo dose not have the same financial incentive to adopt such a policy, because ______.

A. early treatment of high cholesterol dose not entirely eliminate the possibility of a stroke later in life
B. the mass media regularly feature stories encouraging people to maintain diets that are low in cholesterol
C. RenCo has significantly more employees than Garnet has
D. RenCo's employees are unlikely to have higher cholesterol levels than Garnet's employees
E. the average length of time an employee stays with RenCo is less than it is with Garnet

[spoiler]Answer is E: My question is what if the average length of time for Garnet is 50 years and Renco is 48 years. It is still 'less than' Garnet. In this case, cholesterol will be left untreated for several years for Renco employees. [/spoiler]

I have posted the answer and my query as a spoiler. Please help!!
yes. what left untreated may be more cost to Garnet isn't so to RenCo if the sick employee with recurred problem is no longer an employee of RenCo.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by mack13 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:42 am
Why not choice D here ?
Please take a moment to hit Thanks if you like my post. :)