Free App: GMAT Practice Timer

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Free App: GMAT Practice Timer

by amit_enggvnit » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:58 am
It is very important to keep track of time while preparing for GMAT and specially while practicing questions. GMAT is a timer test and gives approx 2 mins for each question. I've developed an application to keep track of time when practicing gmat tests/questions during self study. It is a free app. This is my way of giving back to the internet GMAT community. Find out more at:

https://amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in/2013/ ... timer.html
Follow my Application Journey:
amitkpandeyece.blogspot.in

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:120 members
GMAT Score:770

by Tommy Wallach » Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:29 pm
Hey Amit,

This is super cool, and can definitely be useful when studying, in order to keep yourself to as strict a time as possible. I do want to mention one quick thing however. This would be very useful for quant, but less useful for verbal. For verbal, I tend to recommend 1:15 for SC and about 2:15 for CR. I think a timer like this would NOT be helpful for RC, because the first question always takes much longer than the subsequent questions (on a long passage, you're looking at maybe 4 minutes for the first question, then maybe an average of 1:20 for the others, though it will depend on whether the question is specific or general).

That being said, Amit is absolutely right, particularly on the quant side, that learning how to let go of a question at around the 2 minute mark is very important.

-t
Tommy Wallach, Company Expert
ManhattanGMAT

If you found this posting mega-helpful, feel free to thank and/or follow me!