Evaluation Agency - Indian Students

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Evaluation Agency - Indian Students

by joefreddy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:42 am
Hi Stacy,

I am from India. Need some advise on the list of documents to be submitted at the time of applicaton. I guess apart from the transcripts from college we need to submit reports from evaluation agency who would convert our Indian marks equivalent to US GPA. Can you please advise me on these agencies?

Where do I find these agencies? Who are the approved agencies for providing these reports? How long does it take for them to get these reports for us? Do they give the reports directly to us or they send it to the universities we have applied for ?

Moreover do we need to submit this report at the time of application?

Thank you.

Legendary Member

by Neo2000 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:21 am
I'm from India too and i've also applied this year. I didnt have to go through any evaluation agency. Note that very few colleges will ask you to go through one since they all have an idea of the standard of the university that you have graduated from.

Er, who told you you had to go through an evaluation agency?

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:03 am
Dear joefreddy:

Some schools may still require you to have your transcript evaluated and transcribed to the standard US 4.0 grading scale. There are several agencies who can do this for you and most schools will provide a list of agencies on their websites. The two main agencies are World Evaluation Services and Global Credential Evaluators. Generally, the agencies take 1 to 4 weeks to do the evaluation depending on the volume of documents they have at the time. You will need to check with the school on whether the evaluation should be sent directly to the school or can be sent back to you. If you have it sent to you, it will need to remain in a sealed envelope to give to the school. The report does need to be sent to the school around the same time as your application--you do not want this to hold up the processing of your application.

Regards,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me