European vs American schools

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

European vs American schools

by hanylabieb24 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:36 am
hi every one

i am lost. if anyone can help me with which uni to choose i will be great-full

i though i had a final decision on which schools to approach but now i am completely lost

i want to which European schools that provide the same level of quality compared to the top level universities in the USA?

i want to know if a one year program will provide me with all the experience i will get in a two year program?

finally i want to know which is the best program that emphasizes on implantation of concepts learn in lectures into practical real life work situations?

thanks to everyone

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:580

by srinivasarajui » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:14 am
I also have same question can some one answer please
Srinu

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:42 members
GMAT Score:740

by Jessica@VeritasPrep » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:45 am
The short answer to your question is no, a one year program will not provide you the same level of education/experience as a two year program. That isn't to say that decent condensed programs don't exist, INSEAD is a great example and Columbia also has a condensed program.

I hate to be blunt, but, you cannot get all the experience in a one year program that you can get in a two year program. You will get roughly half.

If time is an issue, you may want to consider master's programs or attending school part-time (or doing an executive MBA if you have the experience). These are good alternatives that are designed for people with slightly different needs and priorities.

Lastly, any good school will try to help you implement the concepts that you learn in the classroom to real world situations - business schools know that you hope to take the knowledge and apply it. Internships are a great way to "test" this and to actually learn in the real world. If applying knowledge while at school is important to you (as it should be!) then a 2-year program with an internship between the first and second year would be ideal.

Hope this helps!
Jessica
MBA Admissions Consultant
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options