ESADE avs MIP Politecnico di Milano

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

ESADE avs MIP Politecnico di Milano

by elgringo » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:48 am
Hi gang,
I am posting this because I do not know what to do and wanted to see what you guys had to say about my issue. I was admitted to both ESADE and MIP Politecnico di Milano, I know there is a huge difference in rankings between the 2 schools but also there is a big difference in cost. I was also awarded a 50% scholarship to Politecnico and I do not think I will get something from ESADE. I work in the US and I was looking into schools in Europe because I want to get international work experience in Europe.

Based on the information that I obtained from both school, ESADE pretty much is telling me that work in Europe is hard to get and that I will have pretty big chances to get a good job back in the US. On the other hand, MIP has a great network of recruiting companies within Italy and that based on my background (consulting) I have a big chance of getting a job in Italy after the MBA.

At the end of the day, ESADE is going to cost me EURO $ 40,000 more than MIP, granted esade has a better reputation and better chances of getting a higher paying job in the US but not in Europe.

What should I do? Where should I go? Do you guys have any advice or want to share something with me please?

Thanks for your time

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by magnitude101 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:17 am
If your aim in coming to Europe is to work then it makes sense to go to a school that can help you get the work experience you want. Finding work anywhere in Europe is hard in this climate so a lot effort has to come from you. However, MIP career's services are good with finding work placements and consulting projects for MBAs. I know of an MBA from MIP who now works for the Barilla Group and got this gig because he specified to the career's service what he wanted and they organized a 6 month project for him. The company was happy with his work and decided to retain him as permanent staff.