Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

Source: Veritas Prep

During a 3 year period, the profits of company X changed by what percent from the second year to the third year?

1. The increase in profits of company X from the first year to the second year was the same as the increase from the first year to the third year.
2. For company X the profits for first year = $13,000 and for 3rd year = $15,900.

The OA is A.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1906 members
GMAT Score:790

by GMATGuruNY » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:43 am

Timer

00:00

Your Answer

A

B

C

D

E

Global Stats

BTGmoderatorLU wrote:Source: Veritas Prep

During a 3 year period, the profits of company X changed by what percent from the second year to the third year?

1. The increase in profits of company X from the first year to the second year was the same as the increase from the first year to the third year.
2. For company X the profits for first year = $13,000 and for 3rd year = $15,900
Statement 1:
If profits increase by $X from the first year to the second year, then they must increase by $0 from the second year to the third year, with the result that the increase in profits from the first year to the third year (X+0 = $X) is the same as the increase in profits from the first year to the second year (also $X).
Since profits increase by $0 from the second year to the third year, the percent change from the second year to the third year = 0%.
SUFFICIENT.

Statement 2:
No way to determine the percent change from the second year to the third year.
INSUFFICIENT.

The correct answer is A.
Private tutor exclusively for the GMAT and GRE, with over 20 years of experience.
Followed here and elsewhere by over 1900 test-takers.
I have worked with students based in the US, Australia, Taiwan, China, Tajikistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia -- a long list of countries.
My students have been admitted to HBS, CBS, Tuck, Yale, Stern, Fuqua -- a long list of top programs.

As a tutor, I don't simply teach you how I would approach problems.
I unlock the best way for YOU to solve problems.

For more information, please email me (Mitch Hunt) at [email protected].
Student Review #1
Student Review #2
Student Review #3