Dumped and shambled...what's next? GMAT 690 (M 49, V 35)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Hi guys,

I always dreamed of posting my story in this thread. But probably with a different score and a differenet subject. This site and its forum have contributed so much in my preparation. The members and experts here are all so eager to contribute. I wished, I could be another success story of it. But alas, took the test yesterday and scored a 690. In my practice tests I averaged between 710 to 720. So frankly speaking, I am disappointed.

But having said that, I don't find the courage to think about writting it again. I am exhausted and now just want to find out what best can be achieved on this score. Giving my brief profile, so that you can get the whole scenario.

Education:
B.Tech. (NIT, Surathkal, India) GPA of 3.7

Work ex:
4 years (as of now) in CSC as an SAP-ABAP consultant
[No international exposure]

Extra-curricular:
- basic proficiency in German (A1)
- associated with an NGo for past 2 years

GMAT score:
Overall : 690 (88 %le)
Maths : 49 (86 %le)
Vrbal : 35 ( 73 %le)

My queries now:
1. Do I stand any chance for ISB?
2. how about HEC, Paris? (no international exposure though)
3. What all good US univ I can apply to? (say in top 20 onwards to top 40)
4. Apart from US, what good univ around the world I can have a chance of?

last but not the least, can anybody refer some good counselor in Hyderabad ? I want to get on with the process as quickly as I can.

Thank you all! I will contribute to the best of my ability to this forum.

Regards,
Shaheen

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:42 pm
Congratulations for a 690! I guess you've taken the right decision of not retaking the exam when you really don't feel like retaking.

I'm not sure about ISB's lookouts. Some say that ISB takes a hard look at 700+ candidates. But I may be wrong too. But I'm pretty sure that getting into HEC Paris with a 690 score is definitely possible and worth to try.

I would suggest that you post your story and queries in "Admissions" forum. You will get great insights and advices from the experts.
Download GMAT Math and CR questions with Solutions from Instructors and High-scorers:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/download-gma ... 59366.html

-----------

GO GREEN..! GO VEG..!

Daily Quote:
"Stop feeling sorry for the Butcher if you had to go Veg. The butcher can find another job but the poor animal cannot get back its life"

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by dream700 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:46 pm
tha a lot papgust...
will post my query in Admissions forum too...