doctor, 720- evaluation

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

doctor, 720- evaluation

by dr.adbee » Mon May 09, 2011 11:21 pm
hi,
i am a doctor based in dharamsala(INDIA) i would be grateful if you could please evaluate my profile wrt admission chances at HBS, Yale, MIT, INSEAD, NYU Stern.
1.28yr male
2.MBBS with overall grade A++ from govt medical college dharamsala.
3.720 GMAT (q84, V92)
4.5yrs full time work experience.
5.7yrs volunteering for rotary international. project leader for projects in Po K, Bermuda
6.High Altitude mountaineer. led international teams
7.press secretary for the fight for FREE TIBET, deeply connected to it.
8.Freelance for TIMES of India
9.Completed stats, maths course with an A
10.Completed a diploma in financial management with 85%
11.plan to start a chain of multidisciplinary clinics in underdeveloped countries post MBA

thanks a lot in advance.
Dr.abhishek

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 am
Dr. Abhishek:

Thanks for you post. Not only do you have a great GMAT and impressive academics, you are applying from an under-represented and some would say, unorthodox background: Medicine. For this reason, I think you will be able to stand out and get some attention. You have a clear vision for exactly what you want to do post-MBA and it ties directly into your career thus far. This is often a winning recipe for credibility with adcoms. Your key will be to tell your story in a compelling way to grab the attention of the reader and get them on board with your vision. Let us know if you need help. BTW, you might also add Duke to your list. Like Harvard, Duke has a great hospital affiliation and a great health care mgt. track in their MBA program.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by dr.adbee » Thu May 19, 2011 8:46 pm
hi sir,
i am interested in hiring a consultant for the application process this year.
my only concern is that i want to apply to schools that i have a good chance
of getting into. i don't want to run on a wild goose chase. could you please tell
me which US B schools are a good bet for me and when is the earliest we can begin
with the application process.
Abhishek