Dilemma: Masters Accounting at Binghamton or MBA at Simon?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I can't decide. Please help.

I started applying during round 3 and only got into the Simon School of Business. In hopes of getting into a school for Fall 2009, I also applied to Binghamton's Master's of Accounting program. I also got accepted.

The dilemma is this: The Simon School of Business is ranked 29 by USNews. I think I can get accepted into a better school if I applied early and prepared more for the GMAT. I scored between 650 and 600 with very little preparation.

My work experience is a managerial role in a small company. Nothing fancy like Fortune 500 companies.

Now should I accept the Masters in Accounting at Binghamton, which states 95% placement in BIG4 (hopefully this is true), obtain a few years of quality experience, then reapply to Business School in hopes for at least top 20,

or

Goto Simon School of Business, which last year was ranked 25 and now 29 by USNews, take my chances with the recruitment at Simon, and earn much more than I would with a MSacc?

In the long run, I would like to be in Investment Banking. Simon doesn't seem so capable of placing students in that field. With the MSacc, I can get better experience but there is no guarantee of getting into a better MBA school. I also lose out on the salary out of Business School. The MBA is a one time deal and I want to make sure I make the right decision.