Did Not Waive My Right to View Academic Records

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
For two schools I did not waive my right to view my academic records, figuring what's the big deal since I can't see them until after I'm enrolled anyways. Of course I later find out that the AdCom starts to question whether they can trust your recommendation letters. Well crap, my recommendation letters are the least of my worries.

Is there anything I can do to fix the situation?? One recommender has already submitted for both and the other is about to. Should I send an e-mail to AdCom letting them know that they can contact my recommenders if they have any questions about the accurateness of them? Is not waiving my rights going to be a big deal?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:17 members
GMAT Score:730

by machichi » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 pm
Where did you hear that they question your recommender's letters? Even people who waive their right can conceivably have written their recs. Schools cannot legally discriminate based on your decision to waive or not. The adcom already knows they can contact your recommenders. You have already given them that permission by giving their information. If they really doubt the validity they'll call.
Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
https://www.mbabreakaway.com/
Recent post: July 12, "Summer"

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by suburban » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:30 pm
I think what he meant was that if your recommender knows you didn't waive your right and might see his recommendation for you later, he must write good things about you, so it's less credible.