Changing out scratch sheets during the GMAT!!

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:710!
Hi all,

I have a somewhat silly question that I would love to get some feedback on. When I took the gmat last time, they switched out my scratch paper at each break. I was wondering if that was a GMAC rule, or if I could decline new paper?

I had planned on using a strategy that i read about where you quickly jot down your times tables up to 16 before the test begins. This helps eliminate the wasted time on some of the "simple math" that some people have to write out (13x14, etc). The proctor threw me off when she came to log me out for my 10 minute break and took the paper.

Any idea if on my next go I am allowed to insist on keeping my scratch paper from the last round? Thanks for any insight!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:730

by sumithshah » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:56 pm
Ah! smart strategy! but Im pretty sure its not allowed.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by kykboxr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:59 am
Technically, the only time you are required to switch the paper/notebook is when you have filled it up and requested it.

8)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:710!

by phumbert » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:17 pm
kykboxr wrote:Technically, the only time you are required to switch the paper/notebook is when you have filled it up and requested it.

8)
Which is precisely what I thought. I want to know going in this time exactly what I can do. Thanks for the feedback.

Any one else that may have some insight, I would greatly appreciate it.