Can't decide, Knewton or Manhattan for a online prep?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I have read a lot of good things about both companies. I would like a program that starts with the basics, but progresses to quite difficult material. I want to score 650+

I am looking for online self-paced prep course. I have a good 3-5 months before I have to test, and I have a fair bit of verbal knowledge after comprehensive LSAT prep.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Wed May 19, 2010 10:58 pm
UBCwannabe wrote:I have read a lot of good things about both companies. I would like a program that starts with the basics, but progresses to quite difficult material. I want to score 650+

I am looking for online self-paced prep course. I have a good 3-5 months before I have to test, and I have a fair bit of verbal knowledge after comprehensive LSAT prep.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Hello,
I haven't taken the Knewton course, and I only read the Manhattan GMAT books, and did their online tests. However, my thought is that the Manhattan GMAT has been around for awhile now, has been edited a fair number of times, and has a solid track record. Knewton is still fairly new which could mean they are still working out some bugs (I saw that they are paying students who just took the GMAT $100 to analyze their tests and that tells me they aren't done fixing their tests.)
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members

by josh@knewton » Thu May 20, 2010 5:06 am
Thanks for the inquiry.

We like to believe that we offer students the best GMAT prep experience possible. We are indeed somewhat new, but we are built for the web and we work around the clock to deliver the best teachers and technology to our students.

You should join our free trial and have a look around:

https://www.knewton.com/gmat

In terms of the $100 offer to take our tests, I am leading that effort and can say that the only reason for the study is that we want to expand our CAT pool and offer even more practice tests to our students in the near future.
Josh Anish
Senior Editor, Knewton
https://www.knewton.com