Campus Visit Question

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700

Campus Visit Question

by ozzy10fl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:07 pm
Hello Stacy/Lisa,

I am planning on applying to a top ten school in early November for the Jan. 7th deadline. They will begin the review process after Jan. 7th.

Will it be frowned upon if I visit the campus of this school after I apply but before the deadline? Will my visit be added to my application file? I tried asking this to their admission's staff but received a vague answer.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:59 am
Dear ozzy10fl,

It is not frowned on to visit after you submit your application. Schools like for candidates to visit so you have a good idea of whether or not it is the right program for you and so they get chance to meet you in addition to your interview. All contact you have with the admissions office, whether via email, phone or in person, is always noted and added to your file. I think the important thing is you visit--perhaps you can schedule your interview at the time of your visit?

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700

by ozzy10fl » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:05 pm
Thanks Lisa,

Your help is always appreciated. I have just one more question that relates to recommendations. I have told my recommenders to write a general letter that answers all of the questions that the different schools have posted. Do schools such as NYU or Columbia allow the recommender to upload a letter or will they have to fill out each question on each school's form, one by one?

I'm asking bc I want to give them a heads up if they need to modify/take apart their letter.

Thanks,

Ozzy

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:45 pm
Dear Ozzy,

There is quite a bit of variance school-to-school on the recommender process, so the best way to know is to log into the online application and download the recommender process/form. Most schools offer the option to upload a letter. Whether or not it addresses the schools short-answer questions does vary quite a bit. Some schools do not make those questions required and others do. Likewise, some schools might only have the evaluation form and no option to upload a letter. Schools that do have evaluation forms really want the recommenders to complete them. However, if the recommender will be uploading a letter that addresses those questions, then he/she can write "see attached letter" for those questions.

Best of luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me