Break for the praparation

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Break for the praparation

by v » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:15 pm
Sir,

I need your help on the impact of (job break) in MBA admission process.

a summary of my career as follow....

I joined a process industry (Largest player in the sector) in 2001 as a trainee, worked hard there & with in the span of 6.5 yrs, got two promotion (excluding confirmation) & became head of the operation, which contribute to 1/4 of the profit coming from that site.

After heading the position for about 1 yrs, I made my first change in the job as well as change in career, from process industry to IT- Services.

After coming to IT services job I came to know about the GMAT. And started the preparation through the Strategies & guidelines at this site.

Presently aiming 700+ in GMAT for the world's top 20 B-School, But due to the type of jobs (70%-90% traveling & extensive site work) I spent 90% of time only at site which involve 12-16 hrs active working.

Now I am at 620-650 Level, Planning to devote full time on my preparation to achieve 700+, for that If I drop the job for a short period (say 3 months), write my GMAT & again look for another job.

Please advice me on the planning & on the impact of time gap on my profile as MBA candidate. (Only 6+ months in the recent job).

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Vikas

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:34 am
Hi Vikas,

Your question would be better suited in the Ask an MBA Admissions Consultant section of the website, where a representative will be able to tell you the impact of the time gap on your application.

However, if you need help figuring out how you should prepare for the GMAT while you have those 3 months off, I'd be glad to help! Just post some more information about any preparation or research you've done so far and I'll get back to you shortly afterwords.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628