Boston College Acceptance!

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Boston College Acceptance!

by bkulhawik » Tue May 31, 2011 6:17 pm
Hello All,

Just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all of the help and support I received while applying to Grad school at Boston College. Although I didn't participate a lot on the forums, I read many articles and used the flashcards while studying for the GMAT. I took the GMAT twice, first time getting a 530 and then a 610 two months later. I just found out this past weekend that I was accepted to Boston College Carroll School of Management evening program and couldn't be happier! It is the only school I applied to and am so glad I got it.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again and good luck to everyone else applying to school and taking the GMAT!

Regards,

Brett K.

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Tue May 31, 2011 6:29 pm
Hey Bret!
That's great news! All the best for your Grad life.

If you have the time, please post a little something about your profile so that others can inspire themselves. :) Thank you!
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

by shekarj » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 am
Hi Brett,
Can you post a little more on your second GMAT attempt and what helped you to get the big leap. My verbal is awful and was wondering if you were in the same position and what tools helped you to get a better score the next time around.

Trying to keep my self motivated with the first attempt score the same as yours.

& Thanks for your post!!!

by bkulhawik » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:08 am
Hey Shekarj,

The first time I took the GMAT I didn't study too much on the verbal. Most of my focus was on math because there were so many concepts that I really wasn't confident with. So I basically went into the first attempt studying very little verbal which showed in my test score. I knew if I studied verbal a little more it would bring my score up a lot. So I just practiced problems over and over for about 2 months straight. Then when I took the test again, I was a lot more confident in my verbal and was actually seeing questions that were almost exactly the same as the ones I had been practicing which made answering those easy.

So basically my advice is to do as many practice problems as you can. You will start seeing patterns in the questions and it will make answering them on the actual exam a lot easier. Hope I was able to help a little bit. Good luck!!