Best marketing programs

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Best marketing programs

by M.D » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:55 am
Hi,

I would be grateful if you could guide me a little on business schools which have a good marketing specialization in thier MBA program.

I have worked in Qualitative market research for 3.5 years. Having gained an experience in such a niche area, i now want to leverage it to achieve my career goal of becoming a marketing manager. Thus, i want to pursue my MBA in marketing from a reputed b school in USA/U.K

My gmat is 620- 40, 35 ( first attempt) and 610- 45, 29( second attempt). i have applied to Kellogg but it seems to be a dream.

Could you pls recommend b school where i stand a good chance?

Thanks a ton!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Favin » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:50 am
According to US News, they have top marketing programs as follows...

1. Kellogg
2. Wharton
3. Fuqua
4. Stanford
5. Harvard
6. Columbia
7. Booth
8. Ross
9. Haas
10. Anderson
11. Stern
12. McCombs
13. Kenan-Flagler
14. Sloan
15. Darden
16. Tuck
17. Kelley
18. Hough
19. Johnson
20. Marshall

Without knowing more about your profile, its difficult to say where may be the best fit. Where did you do your undergrad? GPA? Any extracurricular activity? US Citizen? Age?

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:00 pm
Marketing programs vary in their focus. For example, Indiana has an outstanding product management concentration in addition to general marketing. If you know what type of marketing you are interested in, that could help narrow your search.
Tani Wolff

by M.D » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:42 am
Hi,

thanks a lot for the help.

I have done my graduation from Delhi University, india and hold a first honors degree with 67%. Have been briefly involved wiht NGOs here and also at Handicap International.

Im interested in brand management as my short term goal is to be a brand manager in the area of FMCG, telecom or Food & Beverages. Ultimately i aspire to head the marketing vertical of such companies so i also want to study strategy and general marketing.

Where do i stand a chance with a 620, associate manager position ?

thanks!

Legendary Member

by Tani » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Indiana would be a stretch, but not impossible. Your focus on brand management would be a help. Wisconsin, DePaul and Cornell also have brand management concentrations. The benefit of schools with concentrations specifically in brand management is that the best of them have close ties with consumer packaged goods companies and have great records of placing their graduates in brand management positions.
Tani Wolff

by M.D » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:08 pm
Hi,

Okay...thanks...which are the schools where im likely to get an admit from ? Can you please guide me through with a few names?

Legendary Member

by Tani » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:14 pm
No one can tell you where you will get in. The closer your stats are to their averages the better your chances, but all the top schools turn down many more qualified applicants than they accept. THe better ranking services will give you an idea of what the class profile is, but there are never any guarantees.
Tani Wolff