Aristotle RC 99

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:20 members

Aristotle RC 99

by sana.noor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 am
Is Aristotle RC 99 good book to go with? my RC is the weakest part of gmat preparation.
Work hard in Silence, Let Success make the noise.

If you found my Post really helpful, then don't forget to click the Thank/follow me button. :)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:770

by HerrGrau » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 pm
Hi,

I hope that your studying is going well. I have not looked at the Aristotle book (is it a strategy book or a book of RC passages?) but if you are having RC issues I would recommend reading an article every day from a well written publication (like the economist). This will help you increase your reading speed and comprehension. A few things to remember as you do this reading:

1. Read for total comprehension. Read as slowly as you have to in order to understand everything. Look up words that you do not know. (I know that you will not be reading like this on the GMAT but for training this is important)

2. Analyze as you are reading. Think about the main point of the article and the evidence that the author uses the support the main point.

3. Read about things that are unfamiliar to you so that you get used to dealing with new topics.

This reading will also help CR and SC as your reading improves and you become more familiar with complex grammatical structures.

Let me know if you have any questions on this. Best of luck!

HG.
"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Blog and GMAT Tutoring: www.AtlanticGMAT.com