Applying prior to undergrad graduation...

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Applying prior to undergrad graduation...

by xcobrax » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:26 pm
Hey guys,
I recently decided to go back to school and finish my undergrad because I realized that no matter how much money I was making pre-recession ($80k) I do not feel that I can make that given the current climate without an MBA. I also want to get out of retail and into the "professional" world. I want to apply during R1 to a good PT program (relocate if necessary). I really want to get into consulting / management (upper) / finance ... I know, very unique... I will be graduating June 2011 but do not want to wait until R1 in 2011 because I truly feel it is a waste of a year (+1 1 year because I will be PT). Will top schools accept my application and approve me conditionally? I.e. according to UCLA's website, as long as I complete my BA prior to Fall of 2011 I am good. Here are my stats:

Male 29
Undergrad GPA 3.8
UC Riverside
I will retake GMAT on September 17th, fir try I received a 580 Q45/V25. I totally underestimated the verbal section. Didn't study at all. Started to study verbal recently and I am consistently getting between 620-660 scores on practice tests. Hoping to get 660-700 prior to September 17th (I think it is a realistic goal).
Working 11 Years FT (9 in management)
I have been looking at the top PT programs of the top 30 FT B schools...

Any suggestions? Let me know if you want more info...