Application Essay: Social responsibility and contribution

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
I'm juggling my essay writing and GMAT revision (scheduled next mid Dec) and I came across an optional essay which requires the candidate to describe his/her involvement in social development or sustainable development activities.

The closest experience I can think of is promoting Chinese culture and literature through activities I was involved during my undergrad years.

I have no volunteer work experience under my belt. Any ideas how should I approach this essay?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by Brett N » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:51 am
Can you elaborate on your work? Possibly there is something as an extension of what you do?

How long since you graduated?

Thanks
Please free to contact me at [email protected] or through our
profile evaluation form.

Ivy App Success

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Ant_magma » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:09 pm
Brett N wrote:Can you elaborate on your work? Possibly there is something as an extension of what you do?

How long since you graduated?

Thanks
I have 3-4 years post undergraduate working experience. I was a management trainee with a global manufacturing company for 2 years and now I'm in sales with an European company in the design outsourcing industry.

I think it's highly unlikely there is anything even remotely relevant of my work with social or sustainable development.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:1 members

by Brett N » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:39 am
Not sure then...sorry. If the school is very focused on social responsibility and apparently you're not as much, maybe it's not the right fit?
Please free to contact me at [email protected] or through our
profile evaluation form.

Ivy App Success