Annoying thing about "Kaplan method" for CR

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
So I've been studying for the GMAT using Kaplan Premier, their online content and the Verbal and Math workbooks. I was wondering if you guys have found the same thing as me on how they explain the answers for CR questions-

I feel like they find out the answer to a question in advance and then explain why the other answers are wrong, based on hindsight. Like, I find their predictive tools (i.e. "predict the assumption and go from there...) failing me almost without fail (pun intended ;-) and their explanations for why other answers are wrong, only make sense when you already knew another answer option was right.

Because my background is in marketing, I have a pretty creative brain so maybe I am getting too creative with my thought processes?? hahaha

Anyways, just curious if any other of you guys have experienced this issue too?

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:56 am
You need to work on your predictions. My GMAT and LSAT students find that solid predictions are the strongest score builder. If you are finding that your predictions are not matching any of the answers, you need to be reading the stimulus more carefully. Predicting is not easy, and needs to be practiced consistently. There are many ways to improve, for example, checking for new terms in the conclusion and predicting how to link them to the evidence. Don't give up on predicting. Once you master it, it will make your life much simpler.
Tani Wolff