Advice on profile

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Advice on profile

by h_farabi1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:33 am
Hi,

US colleges often claim that they evaluate work experience not in terms of years but the depth and breadth of an individual's position.
I am a renowned proffesional muscian with a solid undergraduate business degree seeking an MBA from Top-tier US college. Since high school, i have managed and played in a band that is signed with UNIVERSAL music India. I have successfully launched 2 music albums and 6 music vidoes across the sub-continent in the span of 6 years. Also, I Graduated from IBA, top business school of Pakistan, with a 3.2 GPA in june 2011. This promises to make an interesting application in my opinion.

After graduating, i did an internship at JWT followed by a tour of concerts for two months. My dream is to open the first legitimate music label in Pakistan so i can share my experience with other talented but under-priveldged mates in my country. I am currently working in MINDSHARE, a world renowned media planning company since 2 months which is helping me build a stong foundation and network to fufill that dream. The job involves in-depth analysis and use of media for promotional goals.

By the time i apply for MBA class entering fall 2013, I will have one and a half years mundane work experience with this company to go with my experience as the band member+manager for 7 years. I plan to sit for GMAT in june and hopefully get ready before the early deadline.

Do you think it would be wise to apply at this point(US colleges will recognize my unique application) or i should be realistic and wait till i fall into the dreaded 4-5 years work experience category? Thanks a lot

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:54 pm
if you get a good GMAT score, I would go ahead and throw in for this year. It's this kind of unique applicant profile that can indeed get attention in the third round.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options