Admission likelihood between 1st and 2nd rounds?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Is it easier getting in the first round versus the 2nd? Is it mainly space restrictions and maybe psychological for the admission officers thinking there's more spaces left on the first round?

Heard conflicting opinions on both side, just curious if you could offer more insight. Thanks!

Quoting from Yale's site, it states there is no difference... I'm running out of time for 1st round so that's smth I like to hear. What do you think, Stacy? Thanks in advance!

https://mba.yale.edu/MBA/admissions/apply/faq.shtml
In which round should I apply?
You should apply when you feel you can submit your best application. If you are rushing to finish your application by the Round 1 deadline and feel you could use some extra time, apply in Round 2 instead. There is no difference between Rounds 1 and 2 in terms of selectivity. It may be more difficult to be admitted in Round 3, where space availability may become an issue.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
jerrygmat wrote:Is it easier getting in the first round versus the 2nd? Is it mainly space restrictions and maybe psychological for the admission officers thinking there's more spaces left on the first round?

Heard conflicting opinions on both side, just curious if you could offer more insight. Thanks!

Quoting from Yale's site, it states there is no difference... I'm running out of time for 1st round so that's smth I like to hear. What do you think, Stacy? Thanks in advance!

https://mba.yale.edu/MBA/admissions/apply/faq.shtml
In which round should I apply?
You should apply when you feel you can submit your best application. If you are rushing to finish your application by the Round 1 deadline and feel you could use some extra time, apply in Round 2 instead. There is no difference between Rounds 1 and 2 in terms of selectivity. It may be more difficult to be admitted in Round 3, where space availability may become an issue.
See the sticky thread at the top of this forum.