720 -- 49Q/40V 85/89 overall -- 94%

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

720 -- 49Q/40V 85/89 overall -- 94%

by kris610 » Mon May 14, 2012 9:09 am
Sources:

Official Guide - 12th Edition.
MGMAT Sentence Correction
PowerScore CR
GMAT Prep and MGMAT tests.

Made the big mistake of analyzing my performance during the exam and maybe focused more on some possible experimental questions. Anyway, I've reconciled with the score for now, and will be focusing on building my profile.

I believe there are scores of users who have already posted valuable suggestions. My biggest advice would be to not analyze your performance during the exam -- I know it sounds obvious, but it's easy to make this mistake. I lost focus midway and was debating cancelling the exam halfway through, then changed my mind and went through the exam without focusing a 100%.

Remember, that GMAT does NOT penalize you for getting a few questions wrong -- Yes, am talking from the perspective of getting a 740-750. You can certainly get a few questions wrong in both the sections and end up with a high score.

Also, I NEVER took the essays during any of my practice exams, but had no trouble with mental stamina during the actual exam. I strongly believe that getting the content right is the most important aspect. Once you get the basics right, and are comfortable with the GMAT content, mental stamina is not a big deal. But, of course, this could be subjective.

My question to any experts out there: How is the overall % higher than the % in Verbal or Quant? Someone asked me this question, and I did not know the right answer. Any input/pointers are appreciated.

Good Luck to all future test takers.