700 to 800 club (IVY@GMAT) problem level for SC, CR and RC

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi I am international applicant from Asia, aiming for Top 10 schools. Since I exhausted and memorized all the verbal questions on Official GMAT & GMAT Prep, I now started to train myself through "700 to 800 club (IVY@GMAT)" problems for SC, CR and RC that people could download from the websites.

"700 to 800 club (by IVY@GMAT)" problem series looked pretty difficult, which seems to be a good source for me. But can I ask comments from test takers (who accomplished 700+) whether this series is really good source for "altitude training?" (or may be I should say "hard training") Are there any cons on this problem set?

If there are good difficult problem source which is close to actual GMAT Verbal, I would like to know.. Thank you so much for your help.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:01 pm
Hi astori17,

You said something interesting: You "memorized all the verbal questions in the OG...." This is not the necessarily the same as learning the necessary grammar and style rules for SCs and the necessary tactics, patterns and wrong answer types for RC and CR.

I'm curious about how you've performed on your practice CATs. What has your Verbal Scaled Score been on any recent CATs that you've taken? These results would dictate whether you should be seeking out new practice material OR seeking out new tactics.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]