650 in GMAT (Q49,V28)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:650

650 in GMAT (Q49,V28)

by akash singhal » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:33 am
Hello,
This forum has given me a lot and I feel I should share my experience.
My preparation was good but my score is low.
I feel I lost my focus in last 15 questions in verbal.I made some silly mistakes in the quant section.
4 Hour long exam really needs great concentration and focus. i urge every test taker to be patient and prepare for a full length exam.

I prepared from OG and this forum. I did not take any course nor took coaching from any tutorials.This site provides abundant resources to succeed and was my tutor for the past 3 months.
I would sincerely like to say my regards to all the experts in the forum.

I am an entrepreneur with an experience of 2 years.I want to apply to a B-school in US with my current score.
To all the counselors and experts in this forum,I want advice on which school should I apply and any other details that I should know in order to apply.

Thank you
Akash Singhal

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:07 pm
akash singhal wrote:Hello,
This forum has given me a lot and I feel I should share my experience.
My preparation was good but my score is low.
I feel I lost my focus in last 15 questions in verbal.I made some silly mistakes in the quant section.
4 Hour long exam really needs great concentration and focus. i urge every test taker to be patient and prepare for a full length exam.

I prepared from OG and this forum. I did not take any course nor took coaching from any tutorials.This site provides abundant resources to succeed and was my tutor for the past 3 months.
I would sincerely like to say my regards to all the experts in the forum.

I am an entrepreneur with an experience of 2 years.I want to apply to a B-school in US with my current score.
To all the counselors and experts in this forum,I want advice on which school should I apply and any other details that I should know in order to apply.

Thank you
Akash Singhal
You want to apply to schools that are well-equipped to help you meet your career goals. (As opposed to applying to programs based on where you have the best chance of admission.) If you offer more specifics about those career goals, you'll probably get some useful feedback from the admissions folks here: https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html

Last, have you considered retaking the GMAT? From your description, it certainly sounds as though you didn't have your best day.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:01 pm
Hi Akash Singhal,

A 650/Q49 is a solid score (it's right around the 80th percentile overall), so it could very well be enough to help you get into your first-choice Business School. It sounds like you haven't quite defined what YOU want out of an MBA though:

1) Is there a particular company that you want to work for or industry that you want to work in? Certain degrees are more appropriate than others if you have a specific career goal.
2) What do you want your MBA to do for you?
3) Do you want to go to School full-time or part-time?
4) Are you willing to relocate? Are you comfortable with working through a program that is primarily online?
5) Are you going to be applying for scholarships?
Etc.

Once you've determined what type of Program you want to attend (as well as the other variables involved), then you can start to research and narrow down the possibilities.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:650

by akash singhal » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:22 am
I want to enter a full time MBA Programme.
I prefer classroom program since I would be able to interact with a lot of people from different parts of the globe.
I want to specialize in marketing or General Management.
My current work experience is 1 year 10 months.
After my MBA I want to work for a corporate company and challenge my marketing and leadership skills on a global scale.
I have a B-tech Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication stream with a GPA of 3.3 and My GMAT score is 650.
My target Schools are Purdue,Katz,Texas A&M,Smeal,Schellar(Georgia) and SMU (COX).

Any advice whether I can make it to the above named programmes?

Legendary Member
Followed by:128 members
GMAT Score:770

by DavidG@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:50 pm
akash singhal wrote:I want to enter a full time MBA Programme.
I prefer classroom program since I would be able to interact with a lot of people from different parts of the globe.
I want to specialize in marketing or General Management.
My current work experience is 1 year 10 months.
After my MBA I want to work for a corporate company and challenge my marketing and leadership skills on a global scale.
I have a B-tech Degree in Electronics and Telecommunication stream with a GPA of 3.3 and My GMAT score is 650.
My target Schools are Purdue,Katz,Texas A&M,Smeal,Schellar(Georgia) and SMU (COX).

Any advice whether I can make it to the above named programmes?
I'd suggest posting this in the Admissions section here. Your GPA and GMAT are more or less in line with those schools, but your lack of work experience is potentially an issue. The consultants can help you determine how to address that.
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor

Veritas Prep Reviews
Save $100 off any live Veritas Prep GMAT Course

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:511 members
GMAT Score:800

by [email protected] » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:01 pm
Hi Akash Singhal,

Since you seem to know what you're specifically interested in and the Schools that interest you, you can better plan out your application strategy. You'll likely find it useful to ask an Admissions Expert your specific questions. There's a Forum full of them here:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/ask-an-mba-a ... t-f40.html

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Contact Rich at [email protected]