560:( Help!!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

560:( Help!!

by aaronp007 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:04 pm
i took the gmat recently and scored a dismal 560. I did get a 6.0 on the AWA part. I want to get in the 700s range. Books that i used were kaplan and OG 11. Any suggestions/advise as far as what other material i could study from or prep classes?

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:33 pm
I have heard and myself using e-gmat for the past one-month..I should say its damn good for the time & money u invest.

Customisation is the key aspect ofe-gmat coupled with its descriptive way of explaining the basic concepts.

They follow a methodology called three step process which has immensely helped me to handle SC questions methodoically.

Try them out !

U can also study Powerscore guided for CR &SC ...ATB

GMAT Instructor
GMAT Score:770

by OliverTPR » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 am
Aaron,

If you aren't already using GMATPrep for your testing practice, you should definitely download the software. The OG 11 should be more than enough to build your skills, but the actual methods suggested in the book are awful (too slow and too difficult to repeat). You will need a clear system of approach on each question type.

Honestly, if you are looking for an above 100 point increase, especially after independent study, I suggest private tutoring. I can't vouch for any other than The Princeton Review. I both work for TPR and was myself a student. I improved from a 640 to a 770, and have had countless students improve from the upper 500's to the upper 600's/low 700's. The key is that you need an approach to the problems, not just knowledge of the solutions. I know that TPR is offering 15% off of any class or tutoring. I recommend you give it a look.

Whatever you do, you will more than likely need to do some prep with a live teacher to make the jump. Keep in mind though, it can and HAS been done many, many times!
Oliver Pope
GMAT Trainer
The Princeton Review