530-Q43, V22, need some advice in verbal

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:550

530-Q43, V22, need some advice in verbal

by fx678 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:49 pm
I just took the gmat this morning, and my score was DOWN 20 points than last time. To my horor, I got only 22 in my verbal session. I ran out of time and was not able to finish all the verbal problems. The first three problems( include two SC and one CR) were okay to me , but I spent too much time on the first passage of reading. :( What's more, I found myself almost cannot solve a single critical reasoning problem at all! That really drives me mad...

I did one prep the day before the test and scored 620.

I did the OG, SC1000, and SC1000 looked more or less useful to me for at least I learnt how to solve the SC problems...BTW, I would like to thank Stacey Koprince for her help on SC problems.

Is there anyway that can make me understand the logic of critical reasoning? Please advise me, thank you indeed.
No pain, no gain.

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 pm
Sorry to hear your bad experience with the exam.

Have you tried Powerscore CR bible? This book really helped me understand all the strategies required for CR and now I'm quite ok with CR.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:550

by fx678 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:21 pm
papgust wrote:Sorry to hear your bad experience with the exam.

Have you tried Powerscore CR bible? This book really helped me understand all the strategies required for CR and now I'm quite ok with CR.
Thank you for your kind suggestion.

Not yet. It is a bit hard for me to get access to that book. It seemed that I need to buy it through internet. Any suggestions about a one or two month study plan?
No pain, no gain.

Community Manager
Followed by:252 members

by papgust » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:36 pm
It's a bit hard to suggest a study plan unless you detail your strengths and weaknesses and your study methodology in your previous attempt.

However, check this out - https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/how-to-g ... n-the-gmat

You may find some useful plan in that link. If not, write back here with the details. We'll be glad to help you out!